Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Proposal

I am requesting your approval to do my Freshman Focus research project on the subliminal messages that are illustrated throughout Disney films. I hope to determine that there are underlying messages that transmit and express negative stereotypes such as racism and sexism to a susceptible society. Disney films have been a big part of my childhood since I was extremely young, and I want to explore any underlying messages that I might have learned unconsciously from some of the more popular Disney films. I am going to research how Disney films demonstrate stereotypical messages through character depiction, sound/music, and environment illustrations. I will be using a number of online resources to aid in my research. I will provide basic history on the creation of a few Disney films and explore some of the different stereotypes that have been recognized by my fellow researchers. I will also search for my own stereotypes as I review some of my childhood films.

No comments:

Post a Comment