Saturday, February 19, 2011

Idea Number One

I am considering doing is an investigation into the discovery of subliminal messages expressed by Disney films. More specifically, I believe my focus will be on the sexist and racist messages expressed by the films imaging. I grew up with these films, and I believe it would be interesting to learn more about their creations and how society perceives these movies. My research has indicated that things such as clothing, mannerisms, and body shape can express a deeper message than what we are currently aware that we perceive. Movies can express an underlying message that reinforces stereotypical views about cultures and ethnicities. I will rely on dependable and scholarly articles and books for my research.  This is an open paper because it depends on how each individual evaluates the findings. It will depend on how you analyze my research to decide if you believe that Disney has included subliminal messages into their children oriented animation films. I will attempt in limiting my research to only scholarly articles and published novels to adhere to your guidelines for sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment